Listen Live on  

Newsradio WTAM 1100

Cleveland's Newsradio

Woman badly burned in Elyria house fire

Posted Saturday, May 10th 2014 @ 5pm

(Elyria)  Fire crews and Columbia Gas Company representatives were on the scene of a house fire and small explosion Saturday morning around 11:30.

A woman suffered severe burns and was taken to Elyria Memorial Hospital.  She may have been transferred to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.

Firefighters say when they arrived, the house was full of thick smoke and flames.

The woman reportedly told neighbors that she lit a cigarette and everything blew up.

The gas company is inspecting the home's gas equipment.

(Copyright 2014 Clear Channel----All Rights Reserved)

Recommended Stories

More from Newsradio WTAM 1100