Join Our Team
Digital Sales Manager
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world's largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena
The Digital Sales Manager manages all the day to day sales and operational responsibilities pertaining to the digital network and its customers in the branch. Additionally, the DSM designs, develops, and implements strategic goals, policies, procedures, and systems for all digital media in the market. Collaborates closely with the VP of sales and Branch President to ensure all deployment goals and budgets are met or exceeded and works directly with Account Executives (AEs) to set digital revenue targets, price our digital products, and drive new business development.
- Assists in setting digital budgets for branch and deployment goals.
- Sets Account Executive digital revenue targets
- Leads task forces from multiple internal departments, as well as outside vendors/professionals, to achieve sales goals.
- Sets and confirms digital pricing strategy.
- Approves digital deals and packages.
- Establishes and recommends fixed networks or virtual network options that are designed to deliver revenue growth for the branch.
- Sets local market inventory strategy.
- Responsible for identifying and proactively developing new business opportunities (lead generation) and proposal creation.
- Attends sales calls with Account Executives, closes deals.
- Assists in review and approval of yearly service agreements.
- Identifies customer needs and understands how to align our offerings to showcase digital's unique values and become a strategic solutions partner to fulfill those needs.
- Maintains creative standards to protect quality of ads on display.
- Establishes best practices for collection/sharing digital successes and collaborates with Digital Product Manager and other markets to share best practices.
- Works with public affairs to help with digital regulatory and permitting issues.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing or Communications and/or combination of 5+ years of relevant direct selling and sales management experience in Advertising, Broadcast media or agency related positions and educational experience.
- Proficient with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and Power Point.
- Skilled at managing budgets, setting revenue targets and establishing pricing.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and impact profitability through strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development.
- Proven ability to develop productive relationships with clients.
- Ability to train, develop and motivate a team to mobilize for success.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with a demonstrated ability to devise ideas and effective campaigns for clients.
- Ability to manage production workflow, timelines and schedules.
- Ability to integrate sales function with operations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Skilled at verbal and written communication.
- Skilled at presentations with groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Knowledge of competitive media spending reports like Kantar Research, Neilson, Arbitron preferred.
- Knowledge of social and online media preferred (e.g., how to utilize to engage with online audiences).
Please apply on-line here or go to Clear Channel.com >Our Team >Careers>Search Jobs.
General Sales Manager
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world's largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
The General Sales Manager is a leadership and sales role responsible for managing Radio station sales, a team of Local Sales Managers, and an extended team of Account Executives. Primary responsibilities include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals; identifying, developing, and managing a group of National and Local Sales Managers; growing and deepening customer relationships that translate into sales; and, general management activities that support sales (eg, reporting, incentive plan creation, performance management, ongoing routines, etc.), and achieving sales & revenue targets with ever more sophisticated clients in a dynamic & highly competitive marketplace. The General Sales Manager will create revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients' needs and the local marketplace, and through coaching & guiding their team of Local Sales Managers. The General Sales Manager position reports to a Director or VP of Sales.
This position will support the 7 station cluster with special focus on WMJI, WGAR and WHLK.
- Manage sales team and
maximize / exceed revenue goals through inventory management and targeting
- Attain overall revenue
and market share goals.
- Analyze and report to
management regarding station and market revenue activity.
- Manage inventory and
rates through coordination with the Traffic Department
- Direct sales forecasting
activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Provide Director of
Sales with the necessary sales reports, revenue & expense budgets,
forecasts, and market analysis.
- Review market analysis
to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Create & execute
marketing programs & client services.
- Develop, implement, and
communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Identify, hire, coach,
train, and motivate sales team.
- Drive results through
others, manage team performance, set clear expectations, and hold team
accountable against business metrics.
- Oversee efforts of sales
team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Develop and enhance
skills of National and Local Sales Managers.
- Implement ongoing team
management routines (eg, sales staff meetings).
- Develop innovative sales
commission and incentive plans that drive desired sales behaviors and results.
- Assist in collection of
- Implement sales
activities that generate new business & deepen existing relationships (eg, attend and participate in trade shows/community
- Translate market &
station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales &
- College degree
- Two years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Understanding of
broadcasting, pricing inventory, ratings, marketing, promotion and collection
- Extensive knowledge of
sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
Understanding of local
markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive
Ability to grow the
business and find new revenue opportunities over time, as well as create
productive, long-term customer relationships.
self-starter with an ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task.
- Ability to identify
talented sales people, and grow and develop a team over time.
management and team performance experience.
Ability to push self
& others to excel and execute in a multi-task, fast-paced dynamic
Ability to make business
and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges.
Ability to balance data
analytics, problem solving, and moving with speed to achieve maximum results.
- Flexible and creative,
with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
negotiation, and influencing skills across multiple groups.
- Ability to work
independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to travel.
Valid driver's license and state mandated automobile insurance.
Clear Channel is an
equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected
classification or status.
Please apply on-line here or go to Clear Channel.com >Our Team >Careers>Search Jobs. If you do not have computer access, please mail your resume to CCM&E, 6200 Oak Tree Blvd., Independence, OH 44131. Attention: Kris Foley. No phone calls please.
Sales Account Executive
Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has immediate openings at the following stations: WTAM 1100, WMJI 1057, WMMS 1007, WHLK 1065, WGAR 995, WAKS 965. We are looking for energetic, driven-to-win performers to join a fast-paced, winning organization. Our salespeople enjoy a vast amount of resources and cutting technology to get the desired results for their customers. If you want to be the best, we want to talk to you.
Please apply on-line here or go to Clear Channel.com >Our Team >Careers>Search Jobs.
Broadcast and internet sales experience preferred, but not required. No phone calls please.
Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.