CLEVELAND – For the fourth consecutive season and eighth time in the past nine seasons, the Cavaliers will open the 2012-13 season at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Cavaliers will host the Washington Wizards on Tuesday, Oct. 30th before welcoming the Chicago Bulls for their first of 10 Friday night home games on Friday, Nov. 2nd.
Cleveland will then embark on their longest road trip of the season, a six-game, 11-day stretch that starts in Milwaukee and then takes the Cavs to California before they work their way back east with stops in Phoenix, Oklahoma City and Brooklyn.
Every Cavaliers game will be televised in High-Definition (HD) on FOX Sports Ohio, with the exception of the December 5th home game versus the Chicago Bulls that will be broadcast on ESPN TV locally and nationally.
All games will also be broadcast across the Cavaliers Radio Network by the Cavaliers’ flagship station WTAM 1100 AM. The Cavs will also appear on at least three NBA TV national broadcasts: Nov. 18th at Philadelphia, Nov. 26th at Memphis and Feb. 23rd at Orlando. The 82-game schedule consists of 41 home and 41 road games.
The Cavaliers will face each Eastern Conference opponent four times (twice at The Q and twice on the road) with the exception of Brooklyn (one home, two road), Charlotte (one home, two road), New York (two home, one road) and Washington (two home, one road).
Each Western Conference opponent will play the Cavaliers twice, once at The Q and once on the road. Other ‘stats’ on Cleveland’s 2012-13 schedule include:
· Seventeen home weekend games with 10 Friday games, six Saturday games and a Sunday game against the Orlando Magic on April 7th.
· A seven-game home stand from Feb. 2-20, highlighted by visits from Western Conference finalists Oklahoma City (Saturday, Feb. 2nd) and San Antonio (Wednesday, Feb. 13th), and a five-game home stand from Feb. 27
– March 8, in which the Cavs will play four consecutive games against 2012 NBA Playoffs teams (Friday, March 1st versus the L.A. Clippers, Monday, March 4th versus New York, Wednesday, March 6th versus Utah and Friday, March 8th versus Memphis) .
· A season-long six-game road trip from Nov. 3-13 and a five-game road trip in January (Jan. 11 – 19). · Eight of their 12 games during February will take place at The Q.
· Twenty-two sets of back-to-back games, including one home-home set, eight home-road sets, eight road-home sets and five road-road set.
· Four occasions in which the Cavs will play four games in five nights, two instances in which the Cavs will play five games in seven nights and one stretch in which they will play eight games in 12 days (Dec. 11-22).
· Cleveland ends their home schedule with a Monday night matchup against Miami on April 15th before closing the season at Charlotte on Wednesday, April 17th.