1. Cleveland beat out Dallas and will host the Republican Convention in 2016.@Do you think having the convention in Cuyahoga County will help the GOP win Ohio?@
2. Does Gov. Kasich have a better shot now at being the Republican nominee than he did at this time yesterday?
3.@Jim Brown’s 1964 championship ring is for sale.@@ An auction site features a picture of the ring and says "the ring was obtained directly from a Brown immediate family member and sold by Lelands.com in 1998.@ During that original auction preview, Jim Brown himself inspected the ring and acknowledged its authenticity".@@ The high bid right now is more than $40,000 with a few weeks to go.@@@@ Browns say the ring was stolen and says he never spoke to anyone about its authenticity.@@@ Should the auction house be allowed to sell the ring or does it belong to Jim Brown?
4. This past Saturday marked the 25th anniversary of the greatest sitcom that was "about nothing." "Seinfeld" launched 25 years ago on July 5, 1989 and still resonates in pop culture lore, with quotes and episodes talked about today, almost 16 years after the series finale. Is Seinfeld the greatest TV sitcom of all time? What are your top 3?
5. When Navy Seal Chris Kyle detailed his kills in a bestselling autobiography, he also included details about a 2006 incident in which he says he punched a guy he called "Scruff Face" — later identified as former Minnesota Gov.@Jesse Ventura. Ventura, a public figure with a tough-guy image, says the fight didn't happen, and he sued Kyle for defamation. The trial begins Tuesday, and it will be up to Ventura's attorneys to prove that Kyle's account about that night in a California bar was false — and even more difficult, that Kyle knew it. Kyle was killed at a gun range in 2013. Should Ventura continue to push a lawsuit against the dead man’s estate?@
6.@A new study says children raised by same-sex couples have better health and well-being in comparison to their peers.@@ The research conducted by Australia’s University of Melbourne aimed to describe the physical, mental and social well-being of children with gay and lesbian parents and the impact the stigma has on them.@@ On average, children raised by same-sex couples scored six percent higher than the general population than the general population when it came to general health and family cohesion.@ @@Does it really matter what type of family children are raised in as long as they receive love and attention?
7. Major League Baseball announced its all-star teams on Sunday, and the Indians have one All Star representative at the moment. Outfielder Michael Brantley played his way onto the team with the AL’s 4th best batting average and 57 RBI’s, while Pitcher Corey Kluber is among 5 finalists for the AL’s "Final Vote", which will be decided by the fans. Third Baseman Lonnie Chisenhall was left off the team, despite his .338 batting average, which would be 2nd in the AL if he had just a few more plate appearances. Do you think Kluber will make the team, and did Chisenhall get robbed?
8. One more on the All Star Game: The fans have spoken, and they've said they don't care about performance-enhancing drug scandals. A year removed from a 50-game suspension following the Biogenesis investigation,@Baltimore Orioles@slugger@Nelson Cruz@has been voted to this year's All-Star Game. Cruz is tied for the major league lead with 27 home runs. Do you think players who have been punished for PED’s should be allowed in the All Star Game?
9. Less than a week after it was introduced, a@proposal to make elections for Cuyahoga County offices nonpartisan@already seems doomed. During the@proposal's first public hearing on Monday afternoon, four members of County Council – all Democrats -- expressed firm opposition to a proposed charter amendment to remove party affiliation for elections for county executive, county council and county prosecutor. Do you think party affiliation should play a role in how officials are elected in Cuyahoga county?
10. Four suspects in the murder of revered pub owner Jim Brennan confessed to their roles in the shooting, Police Chief Jeffrey Robertson said in a statement Saturday. "We have obtained full confessions from those in our custody as to their involvement in this crime," Robertson said.@ Brandon Jones, 23, his brother Darien Jones, 21, and brothers Devon Turner, 26, and Paul Turner, 23, are@all charged with aggravated murder and aggravated robbery in Cleveland Heights Municipal Court. What should happen to the confessed killers?
11. The 15-year-old American cousin of a Palestinian teen who was abducted and killed in Jerusalem was beaten and jailed by Israeli police in what relatives say was 'attempted murder'. Tariq Khdeir, a student at the Universal Academy of Florida, an Islamic school in Tampa, is the cousin of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, who it is claimed was burnt to death by Israeli extremists in a revenge attack on Wednesday. 'Profoundly troubled' U.S. officials have been quick to condemn the attack, calling for a full investigation and saying that it 'strongly condemns any excessive use of force.’ Are you concerned about the state of American/Israeli relations?
12. Pope Francis says working on Sundays is having a negative impact on families and friendships.@@ The Pope says the priority should be "not economic but human" and that the stress should be on families and friendships".@@@ Do you think working on Sunday’s has a negative impact on families?