Thanks to Thom Zahler.
1. The Browns have finally found a veteran quarterback to come in and push Brandon Weeden for the starting job…as former Redskin, Raider, and Bear QB Jason Campbell was signed Tuesday night. Will Campbell beat out Weeden for the starting job?
2. The Strongsville teachers union met with the school board and the federal mediator for over 10 hours last night…and the result, according to Superintendent John Krupinski was: NO PROGRESS. What do you think was going on behind those closed doors, if they met for that long without making any progress. And will this strike last for the rest of the school year?
3. The brutal murder of Cleveland Clinic nurse Aliza Sherman was captured on video surveillance says the Galleria. Should the police release the video to try and capture the killer? Would you watch the video of a woman getting killed?
4. An education video being shown to children in Texas and at schools around the country appears to teach kids that the United States was responsible for the terror attacks on 9/11 due to American policies that anger people in other countries. Should kids be taught that America is to blame for its own attacks by terrorists around the world?
5. The Indiana Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the law creating the nation's broadest school voucher program, clearing the way for a possible expansion. Should we broaden the school voucher plan in Ohio where you get “x” amount of dollars to send your kids to any school you want?
6. Nike is being attacked by women’s rights groups and other critics for a new ad they’re running online, featuring Tiger Woods on the putting green, and the quote “Winning Takes Care of Everything”. The critics say Nike is excusing Woods for his adultery simply because he’s winning golf tournaments again. Is the criticism valid?
7. A New Jersey man won $338 million dollars in the Powerball lottery; that’s $221 million dollars after taxes. If you won that much money what would you do with it? Would you quit your job and The Spew?
8. More on money. Singer Dionne Warwick claims in a recent bankruptcy filing that she owes nearly $10 million in back taxes and her monthly expenses exceed $20,000. How can someone like Dionne Warwick go broke? Should the lottery winner help her out?
9. A student at Florida Atlantic University defied his professor’s instructions to stomp on the word “Jesus” as part of a class, because it violated his beliefs. The university has suspended him from classes, and may bring up other academic charges against him. Should college students do whatever they’re told, or should they have the right to challenge authority?
10. How do you think the Supreme Court will rule on the same sex marriage ban? Would you vote to allow same sex marriages?
11. Troubled Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o showed major improvement in his pro workout day, and many draft analysts have put him back in the first round of the upcoming draft. Reports are the Bears and Ravens are interested in him. Would you like to see Manti Te’o in a Browns uniform?
Join us at 9AM for discussion/debate on these topics on The Spew!