Thanks to Thom Zahler.
1. The Miami Heat are in a terrible funk right now, in the middle of a one-game losing streak. And it looks like their star player should be on the cover of "Muscle and Fitness" rather than NBA magazines. Do you think the Heat will win their 2nd straight title, and do you think LeBron James has used performance-enhancing drugs?
2. A student at Towson University near Baltimore has founded a “White Student Union”, which is unrecognized by the university, and begun to patrol the campus at night after numerous black-on-white crimes have been reported. Predictably, the group has been denounced as racist. Is it racist to form such a group?
3. Browns news out of Berea…first it was failing to sign their first choice as head coach, Chip Kelly. Then it was the hiring of front-office castoff Mike Lombardi as GM. So what are your thoughts about the Browns continuing their recent history of solid moves… by moving to Minor League Radio?
4. Should Ohio laws been changed so adoptees can get their birth information? Does access to their birth parents’ medical records outweigh the privacy rights granted to the birth parents?
5. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has finally admitted what many Americans have feared…that health insurance premiums will rise across the country…an average of 32% nationwide, but much higher in some states…as a result of ObamaCare. Do you think most Americans are willing to pay more for their health insurance to make sure those who had no coverage are taken care of? Or do you think they would vote differently if they had known this was coming?
6. A California-based Creationist has offered $10,000 to any evolutionist who can scientifically disprove Genesis in a court of law. Do you believe humans on this planet were created by God as described in the Bible, or do you believe human beings evolved through billions of years?
7. More on sports media now…as the Browns have made yet another interesting decision…selling their game broadcasts to 2 different competing radio companies. What kind of impact might this have on Browns’ fans ability to hear and enjoy the games?
8. Homeland Security director Janet Napolitano says that more immigrants into this country will turn the border state of Arizona from red to blue. Do you think congress’ movement for comprehensive immigration reform is in the best interests of the country…or in the best interest of getting votes?
9. A new bill in Congress would make paid sick leave a federal requirement. There's a great divide among small business owners over the issue. Some say paid sick time creates financial and administrative burdens for businesses that are struggling…others argue that it makes for a happier workplace and encourages employees to stay home instead of coming to work and infecting others. Should paid sick leave be a federal requirement?
10. Hundreds of sheriffs across the country have banded together and vowed not to enforce any new state or federal gun control legislation because they feel such laws would be in violation of the U.S. Constitution —Now, a Texas lawmaker is proposing legislation that would remove any sheriff or law enforcement officer who refuses to enforce the new laws. Should sheriffs or cops be allowed to ignore laws they don’t believe in enforcing?
11. Troubled Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o showed major improvement in his pro workout day, and many draft analysts have put him back in the first round of the upcoming draft. Reports are the Bears and Ravens are interested in him. Would you like to see Manti Te’o in a Browns uniform?